WellLife Network’s innovative housing programs and support services, located throughout New York City and Long Island, offer supportive environments to some 1,000 people with mental illness and formerly homeless individuals. WellLife Network housing promotes living with dignity. Building upon the strengths and preferences of each individual, we encourage and support wellness, self-determination and recovery.
For more than 36 years, WellLife Network has been a leader in creating an array of recovery-based housing, from service-enriched community residences and apartments to independent living arrangements with ongoing supports. The goal is to provide an environment that supports individuals to further their recovery and live independently within the community.
WellLife Network Behavioral Health Residential Programs serve individuals in Manhattan Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and Long Island providing more than 350 units. Specialized housing is also available for individuals who require wheelchair accessibility and who also have a mental illness. Programs are funded through the state and city such as The New York State Office of Mental Health and The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
WellLife offers the following housing alternatives:
- Community Residences in Queens and Brooklyn provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week on-site supervision for people with mental illness and who are able to leave hospital care, but are not yet ready for independent living. Residents receive guidance and support in personal and community living skills and monitoring of their prescribed medications. Individuals are also encouraged to participate in rehabilitation and vocational program activities outside of their residence.
- Community Residences/Single Room Occupancy (CR/SRO) in Queens and Long Island, offer living in (24/7) supervised buildings with on-site staffing where individuals live in their own studio apartments with efficiency kitchens and private bathrooms.
- Supported SRO (SP/SRO) in Brooklyn and the Bronx offers mixed use independent, permanent housing living arangements. On-site case management is offered where individuals live in their own studio apartments with efficiency kitchens and private bathrooms.
- Apartment Treatment Programs in Brooklyn and Queens provide a bridge from supervised residences to more independent living programs. Residents have their own room in a shared apartment. WellLife Network staff makes visits to assist residents in developing their living skills and increasing their participation in the community.
- Supported Apartment Programs offer people community living in a shared apartment. WellLife Network staff provides living skills training and case management services as needed. Apartments are located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
For more information regarding referrals to Behavioral Health Residential Programs, contact:
BH Residential IntakeTel. 917.563.3347/3348